Saturday, December 6, 2008

Craft Fair


There is a craft fair in Independence today and after it warms up a bit Bob and I will go up there. Our son-in-law is putting a booth in there. He sells fishing and lodge related knick knacks. He has a little store called "Fisherman John's Outpost" out next to their home and he has a pond stocked with fish where people can fish and pay for the fish by the inch. He's quite a fisherman.

While we're in Independence where there's a superstore, we'll buy some groceries. I am getting quite a list.

I will find a picture of my son-in-law's store and post it here later. That's our daughter standing there using the cell phone.

My daughter, who has been out of work for two months, had an interview yesterday and they are going to hire on the 15th. She said the woman who interviewed her was very positive. I hope she gets the job,. She says it doesn't pay much but it will at least get some money coming in.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Best of luck to your daughter, Margie. I do hope she gets the job!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, thank you, Beth!

Linda said...

Sounds like you really have cold weather in Kansas. We lived in Wichita many years ago and I remember standing at the front door the day we moved in with a towel in my hand to wipe sleet off the furniture as they carried it in from the moving van.

Have fun shopping.

Margie's Musings said...

I know what you mean, Linda. We moved in here six years ago in February and it was snowing.

Judy said...

Hope your daughter gets the job. I like to look around in craft stores but I am not very crafty. Your son-in-law's store sounds like such a neat place.

Betty said...

Good luck to your daughter. In this economy, I guess any job is a good job.