Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday CMA and a Dilemma

This is the first Thursday of the month and the day we meet at noon with Coffeyville's Ministerial Alliance. Windsor Place feeds us a nice lunch and provides us with a meeting room. They have done this for years. I am the secretary/treasurer so I stay very busy at these meetings taking my notes and then when Bob and I come home, I get the minutes done and send them out by e-mail to the alliance members.

This morning I need to clean house and do some laundry...a task I usually do on Monday but just didn't want to do this past Monday so now it really needs my attention.

I am in a quandary about what to do with Slinky, Scott's Shar Pei dog. It is under twenty degrees out there. I have been putting him in the garage at night where it is some warmer because of the hot water tank there. But now the garage is 40 degress. This dog was born in Hawaii. Lived the last eight years in Georgia. He has never seen snow and this is Kansas and so he will see snow this winter. It's a dilemma.

He smells like a hound. It must be his family. I don't want the doggy smell in my house. But he's such a sweetheart I don't know what to do about him.

4 comments:

Betty said...

If you have a laundry room, you might put him in there at night. I know the room would smell, then, but he'd be warm. Maybe the Vet would have some kind of doggy shampoo that could minimize the smell?

Margie's Musings said...

Unfortunately, I have no real laundry room...just a hall with a closet with the washer and dryer behind it.

Patty said...

Maybe one of those iglo dog houses with a good blanket in the garage ?

Margie's Musings said...

We have thought of that Patty. But all winter long he cannot stay in the garage. It gets to be zero here and sometimes below.