Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Birthday!

Today is my birthday and we invited Leslie, our daughter, to go with us to Bartlesville to browse the stores and go to lunch with us. John, our son-in-law had gone to take a physical for a part time job he is planning to take on. So, that's what we did. We had a good time too.

After we got back home Bob and I went to visit my sister, Phyllis, who is still in the hospital here following surgery for a broken hip. She had a birthday card for me and I told her I would drop by to see her and pick it up.

There we learned that if she doesn't do better with her physical therapy they will have to release her to a short term nursing home or she will have to have 24 hour nursing help for awhile. The problem is they have not been pushing the physical therapy. They have had her on a walker twice. Once was last Friday and then again today. That's not going to do it. They have her lifting weights with her arms but it's her hip she broke.

Well, they don't have that kind of money. I don't know what they will do. Like most of us, they saved what they could after getting their kids raised but inflation has eaten up much of it. My brother-in-law hasn't heard the news yet. He has been working four days a week while he has their daughter, Denise, to sit with her in the daytime.

So, it will be interesting to see what they will have to do.

Another problem as I see it is that her doctor has only been in three times to see her in two weeks. Undoubtedly, he will be billing Medicare for at least one visit a day. If it were me, I would visit with the doctor about it or as a last resort turn him in to Medicare.

The birthday went well. Our eldest son, Keith, called last night and Leslie remembered too. Scott, the youngest, is all about himself at this point. I didn't expect anything from him.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday, Margie!

Sylvia K said...

Happy Birthday, Margie!

Balisha said...

Happy Birthday Margie! Relax tonight and put your "foots" up.LOL

Margie's Musings said...

That's what I'm doing, folks.

Sansego said...

Happy Birthday! Another year older but still sharper than a tack! You get better with age.

Judy said...

So glad you had a good birthday Margie. Hope your sister continues to improve and gets to go home instead of the other place. I bet you are right about that doctor charing medicare daily.