Friday, January 23, 2009

A Trip to Owasso

Today Bob will go to Bartlesville for a Red Cross class there. I will go to Independence and pick up Juanita, my 87 year old friend, and take her to Owasso, Oklahoma with me. She doesn't get to go anywhere anymore except just around Independence because of her macular degeneration. Owasso, is just north of Tulsa, Oklahoma, and has a new shopping area. She has never been there. I have been there twice, the last time in April. It's about 70 miles from Coffeyville and about 15 miles further from Independence but no further then a trip to Joplin.

It will be a nice mild day and Slinky can stay outside. He has been staying outside during these warm (60-70) days. He loves it. I will put his water out there so he will have that.

I don't need a thing but they have a new Olive Garden and we love to eat there so we will enjoy a lunch anyhow. We will check out the sales. I could use a couple of sweaters to replace the two that the moths got into last year. In winter I mostly wear jeans and sweaters.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh, sounds like a fun day. I love the Olive Garden too....enjoy!

Sylvia K said...

Ah, the Olive Garden! my favorite, too! Have a fun day and a great weekend!

Margie's Musings said...

We did! I bought a new dress jacket. I didn't need it but I wanted it.

Then we had a wonderful lunch at Olive Garden!