Monday, March 9, 2009

House Cleaning Day

Monday around here is house cleaning day. I didn't clean last week while I was sick so the house really needs help today. I waxed the kitchen floor a little bit ago and will soon vacuum the throw rugs for that area and run the dust mop around the laminated floors and bathrooms. Bob will vacuum when he gets around to it and I will clean both bathrooms thoroughly. I love the way the place looks when it's shiny and clean.

I went through the "junk drawer" in the kitchen this morning and organized it. Lord only knows how long it will stay that way. I hope to go through all the drawers in the house when I finish cleaning and get them all cleaned out. I hope my energy holds out.

It turned nice enough that I ended up working in the yard after I got the house clean instead of cleaning out the rest of the drawers. I cleaned grass and weeds out of the flower beds in the back yard. Then Bob and I took two plastic bags and picked up all the dung Slinky has left in the yard. What a mess!

I will go to my sister's home in the morning and stay with her while her husband goes to breakfast. Then I have a board meeting at 11:00 in Independence. After that, Bob and I will take our daughter to lunch.

They came to church yesterday. She used her walker. It was a struggle but she managed. She was angry with her husband because he wouldn't bring in the wheel chair. She wants to use it for that kind of thing and he wants her to walk. She avoids walking as much as possible. She is very afraid of falling. She sits in her chair all day except when she goes to the bathroom.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Oh, my. NEVER tidy your junk drawer. That way lies madness. lol

Margie's Musings said...

So I found!!

Mari Meehan said...

You're certainly sounding more chipper today!

Balisha said...

There you go again....working like a beaver, and here I am at my computer...just planning my day. Send me some energy...OK?