Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Great Sunday!

What a great Sunday this has been so far! We had a guest speaker from Miami, Oklahoma this morning. First thing this morning I did my usual chores of feeding the animals and watering the plants. Then I made brownies and iced them for a picnic luncheon just to the east of our church building.

The sermon was good and in fact the services went well.
Rick, the man who preached, told us about a program his church initiated called the "Spirit of Community" award. They award $1,000 every year to the individual or organization that does something to promote community. What a great idea!
I wonder if I could get our group to do something like that?

We had 33 in attendance this morning, which was great! We are a small congregation but we usually have closer to 20 -23 and so today was really nice. Everyone brought something. My son-in-law brought two cookers and Carletta made hamburgers while he did hot dogs. My daughter, bless her heart, made homemade ice cream! We had gobs of food! Everyone visited and had a great time.

Then everyone pitched in and cleaned everything up afterward. I think everyone had fun. I have said it before and I will say it again...feed them and they will come!

I even still have a few brownies left over. That's good because I didn't get one.

No comments: