Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun Wednesday

It rained last night. Before I went to bed I let the cat in. The patio is usually dry unless the rain blows under the roofing. I thought I might let Slinky, the dog, sleep in the kitchen because of the rain but he wanted to stay outside. So, I let him. This morning when I got up he saw me in the kitchen and wanted his cinnamon toast. He wanted it right away. He began barking at me to hurry up with it. I got it out to him as soon as I could and he ate it all as usual.

Before I give him a bite of it, he has to sit. I never even have to tell him to sit. He just does it. Now he is expecting a little milk on his dry dog food before he will eat it. I make him sit for that too. This morning he sat alright but the minute I began to pour the milk, he came toward the bowl. Finally I said, "Slinky, sit"...and he sat...then I said "stay" and he just sat there until I got the milk poured. Then I said "o.k." and he ate his food. What an obedient dog. That's why I like him so much.

This morning is when I get my hair done. Afterward I will meet Juanita for breakfast. We catch up on each of our news at that time. It is usually a week between visits. Then I will go over to "Nannie La Rose" and see if Karen has anything new I just can't live without. Nannie La Rose is the only clothing store this side of Bartlesville, Oklahoma...40 miles away. Living in a small town is not all that much fun if you want to buy clothing.

No comments: