Thursday, June 18, 2009

Interesting?

I guess I wouldn't call yesterday interesting. After I made the chili yesterday afternoon and baked the brownies, I sent Bob for ice cream just in case I didn't make enough brownies. I iced the brownies and we were ready to go. We left about 5:30 and when we got to church and carried all that stuff in, we found that Leslie had arrived before we did and made the tea. We got bowls out and cups and got everything ready for the meeting and waited...and waited...and waited. Finally my sister and my brother-in-law arrived. No one else came. Some forgot the meeting...even though I sent out reminders. One was just too tired (this is the same woman who insisted we had to hold the meetings because she wanted more input), and one couple just got in from Branson and wasn't aware of the meeting. So the five of us ate chili, had brownies and ice cream and did the quarterly schedule. The woman who wanted the meeting called twice to offer her input. She also suggested we not hold the Wednesday evening meetings again until fall. The Wednesday evening meetings were her original idea too.

My family were the ones who made the effort to be there. My sister is on a walker and has Alzheimer's Disease and my brother-in-law, who is her caregiver, had had a horrendous day himself. He had cleaned house all morning and mowed all afternoon. But they managed to make the meeting. My daughter came straight from working all day.

We came home and put away the leftover chili and brownies and waited for Scott and Taresa to come. They finally arrived after 10:00. After they showered and got ready for bed, we visited awhile and then we all went to bed.

Some days it just isn't worth getting up in the morning.

2 comments:

Betty said...

If I were you, I'd suspend the meetings until fall and then wait for her to ask what happened to them. I'd bet she won't mention them again, now that she has found out what a pain it is to attend week after week.

Margie's Musings said...

That's what I did. I just eliminated them from the schedules. I will make out the schedule next October and distribute them.