Friday, November 13, 2009

Surgery Day


This is the day we go to Bartlesville for Bob's surgery on his neck where he has that squamous cell carcinoma. We are wondering what kind of charges we are facing after Medicare pays their part. Bob has no supplemental insurance. But never the less, he must have the surgery so there's no sense stewing about it.

His local doctor also wants him to have his A1C test this morning too so we will be going back uptown for that before we leave for Bartlesville. If he is up to it, we will probably eat lunch in Bartlesville since his appointment is at 11:00.

We have had a terribly busy week and next week looks a lot better at this point. Bob has his two Red Cross classes Tuesday and Wednesday. He is going to skip the PINCH involvement with Creative Conversations on Monday.

On Thursday, our son, Keith, starts his trip back from Phoenix for the Thanksgiving holiday. He will take two days to drive it. It's a long ways from Phoenix to Coffeyville. That next week, I have kept free of involvement so we can have a good visit with him. If I can find a photo of Keith, I will post it here.

Bob and I attended the in service yesterday and I signed up to be one of the hospital chaplains. That will be a week every ten weeks. I guess I can manage that.

5 comments:

Betty said...

I hope everything goes well with Bob's surgery, and his blood sugar. I see you've taken on even more to do. Don't you ever get tired? lol

Mari Meehan said...

you'll be great and my very best to Bob.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, folks. The chaplaincy is pretty spread out among ten ministers.

Thanks, for the kudos.

pat m said...

Look into supplemental insurance...I don't have to tell you the complications of Diabetes...One hospitalization would bankrupt you. Medicare pays 80% but that other 20% can be a doozy!
If you can't afford supplental insurance for both get it for the one with the greatest risk

Margie's Musings said...

He can't get supplemental insurance because of the two melanoma he had. He is uninsurable.