Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Well, it's Thanksgiving Day at last. First of all Happy Thanksgiving to all who read here.

We had an unusual evening. Maybe that's an understatement. Last evening we went to the Mexican restaurant here and met our grandson, Jeromy, and his wife for dinner. They won't be with us for Thanksgiving. They will go to her folks in Topeka. I'm not wild about Mexican food anyhow but the rest of the family could eat it seven days a week. When we got home, our granddaughter and her daughter, Mia, were here from Manhattan, Kansas. I thought Mia was going to take the house apart. Mia is three. She wiggled and jumped constantly and "talked" at the top of her voice. Most of what she says is not understandable. I tried sitting her down and explaining the difference between "indoor voices" and "outdoor voices" and "indoor activity" and "outdoor activity". I don't think it will stick but if no one tries, I know it won't. She's a sweet child but tremendously hard to be around. Bob, with his hearing aids, was miserable. I, with my obsessive need for order, was too. Our son, Keith, had never met this granddaughter of his. He was happy to at last meet one of his grandchildren. I will try to bite the bullet and bear the chaos.

Finally our son took his daughter and granddaughter for a ride in the car in hopes of making her sleepy. Finally at 9:00, our granddaughter, who was exhausted herself, went to bed and the child went to bed too. We all followed suit. What an evening!

Then last night, in the middle of the night, I woke up with stomach cramps and diarrhea. Today we go to Leslie's for Thanksgiving dinner. I hope to be completely well and able to do my potatoes by then. I think the problem was the Mexican food.

I baked my pies yesterday afternoon and the crusts did not turn out well. They got too dark and brittle looking. I hope the rest of my part of the meal is better. Bob will do his Waldorf salad this morning before we leave. I hope Mia doesn't take Leslie's house apart today.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you are feeling better, Margie. Have a nice Thanksgiving and enjoy your family.
Balisha

Sylvia K said...

Do hope you got some rest! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving, Margie!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for the well wishes, folks. All turned out well.