Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beautiful Wednesday

It's a beautiful sunny day! that always makes me feel a lot better. I had my hair done and cut today too and it really needed it. I couldn't do a thing with it. It looks a lot better! I also paid my property taxes...or at least half of them. I didn't have enough money in my savings to pay them all. By the time I pay the house insurance next month the account will be empty. Being poor is no fun. But I couldn't afford to rent for what I pay in house payment and taxes and insurance.

I had breakfast with Juanita this morning. I took her some chocolate cake but she brought me our Christmas gifts. A dozen decorated Christmas cookies, some what appears to be banana nut bread. Also it appears to be a box of sugar free candy. It's wrapped but that's what it looks like.

All she wanted was some of my coffeecake...like I take to church when I have the breakfast...like I do this Sunday. So I will make her coffeecake next Tuesday and take it to her on Wednesday before Christmas.

We will go to the market this afternoon and get some contact cleaner, some toothpaste and some bread. I guess we will have some of the ham from Sunday for dinner this evening. I have some leftover friend potatoes and cranberry salad as well as some coleslaw we need to eat up.

I tried to watch "From Jesus to Christ" on PBS last night but just couldn't stay awake past 9:00 and it went until 10:00. The animals didn't get me up last night. Slinky woke me at 4:15 wanting to go do his thing outside but it was 18 degrees so he came in as soon as possible. Then we all went back to bed. I got up at 5:00. My appointment was at 7:15 in Independence.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a great day, Margie..Your treats sound delicious. Juanita is lucky to have you.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. They usually turn out well.