Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Cold Day

It's been cold today and Slinky has been in all day. I bake cookies for Leslie's cookie exchange tomorrow and then afterward I took Slinky for a walk. He needed a walk...cold or not...and Bob would not take him.

I just made peanut butter crisscrosses....nothing fancy for the cookie exchange tomorrow. I also have the light breakfast in the morning. I will bake a coffeecake, take chocolate milk and juice. It's only supposed to be a light breakfast.

We went over to the Country Time Music Theater after lunch and looked around. I want a booth in there but not a very big one because I don't want the expense of paying so much for a booth. The owner asked me if I would be interested in working there a few hours each week. I told her about twelve hours would be what I would be looking for. She took my name and telephone number. Maybe a part time job will come out of this. That would be nice.

2 comments:

Linda said...

For health reasons Bob & I don't eat out anymore. It was a total surprise the amount of extra money we had left at the end of the month. Wow, I had no idea how expensive eating out was. I guess we'd just grown used to the expense. No more, I'd rather have the money. I have no desire for part-time work.

Anonymous said...

I have been doing a lot of baking, too, for the holidays. I think a small part-time job of only a few hours sounds like fun. I don't know when you would find the time with all that you do? We have a booth at the Peddlers Mall here and we enjoy piddling with it a lot. We usually make a little over the rent but never a big amount.