Friday, December 11, 2009

Terrible Night's Sleep

Last night was a nightmare. The animals woke me up a half dozen times. Missy was the worst offender. She wanted me to feed her in the middle of the night. But I am not going to get that started. She scratched on the bed skirt of my bed three or four times and then Slinky started whimpering and needed to get out. I put Missy outside after the second offense but it was way too cold for any animal, even an annoying one, to be outside so I let her back in. I was out of bed so many times that I finally got up and went into the den to sleep on the trundle so I wouldn't disturb Bob's sleep. What a mess.

Today we plan to go back to Independence to take Leslie to lunch. Then this afternoon, I may take a nap.

We recently learned that Keith cannot come back at Christmas time. Not only does he not have the money for an airline ticket that costs $471 but his co-worker wants to go home for Christmas and one of them has to stay and cover the help desk. It's his turn since he came home at Thanksgiving.

That's disappointing but understandable.

Still the title to Keith's car has not arrived. It's been over a week since he sent it off. If it is lost in the mail, he may have to get a "lost title" replacement. The man who bought the car needs it. He has called twice to see if it has come yet. Keith took his number yesterday and called him about it.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Take a nice nap, Margie. I think that maybe you should keep your bedroom door closed and try to ignore them for a few nights and wear earplugs LOL. I know it is hard to do, but they will get used to it eventually. We humans need our sleep too. Do they nap all day? Maybe that's the problem.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they do. But when Slinky needs to get out (once or twice a night) h he needs to go pee. He's an old dog. But last night was better. I filled Missy's food bowl before bedtime and Slinky only woke me once. Outside of that, I slept till 5:30 this morning.

Thanks for the suggestion though. (I didn't get a nap yesterday though.