Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Down to the Line

Tomorrow we go to Independence where we will meet our daughter and transfer my luggage to her car. Leslie and I will be gone for nine days. First we are going to the Restoration Studies Symposium for two days and then to the International Conference of our church.

Today, I will get my hair done in Independence and then pick up Juanita to take her to breakfast. Some woman backed into Juanita's car last week so she is without transportation.

When I get home, Bob and I will shop for his groceries for him to eat while I am gone.

Then I will clean the bathrooms, something I didn't get done this week, and do all my laundry. Then I will pack. I have made a list of everything I will need. I am taking my laptop computer but may not be able to find a hot spot to log onto it. And I may not find the time either. Conference is very, very busy. There really is no free time except at lunch and dinner time. It will be a very, very busy week.

This will probably be my last Conference since Bob's health is failing. I have not missed one since 1971. We used to have Conference every two years but since we have become an International church, we have changed that to every three years. It is very expensive to bring folks over as delegates from overseas for the Conference. Any more, since 9/11 there are many who cannot get through customs to even come.

I had a strange experience yesterday. I added a couple of blogs to my list and later went back to find almost all the blogs on my list had disappeared. It took me awhile to find the ones I have re-added.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a wonderful time, Margie. We will miss hearing your daily news. Be safe,
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

My daughter is driving, Balisha. Keep your fingers crossed.