Thursday, April 8, 2010

This is the Day!

I leave today for Independence. Bob and I will go up to Independence, Kansas, where our daughter will load my bag into her car and then we will all have lunch together before she and I leave. It will take us over three hours to drive to Independence, Missouri, for the Symposium. The first session is this evening at 7:00. It will go on all day tomorrow. Then the International Conference begins on Saturday evening. We have a practice serving communion to 6,000 people Saturday afternoon from 1:00 until 3:30 and a dinner our the web board folks at 4:30. The communion will actually be served on Sunday morning. Saturday night is the official opening session of the Conference.

I have yet to do a small load of laundry and finish my packing of my makeup bag. I will do that after I get my makeup on this morning.

It got cold again last night so I brought my new hanging baskets into the garage and also brought Slinky into the kitchen. He woke me at 10:30 and again at 1:30 to go out to pee. Missy woke me at 4:00 to go out so I didn't get a lot of good sleep last night. I will be so happy when it gets warm enough for Slinky to sleep out all spring.

Bob has been charged with watering the house plants...both of them, watering the hanging baskets, and feeding and watering both Slinky and Missy. He has never taken that responsibility so I hope he watches his "to do" list on the frig.

We went to the market yesterday and bought him a weeks worth of food. He also has some cash to eat out some if he wishes to do so. He has an appointment this afternoon at 2:30 for his first treatment for his lymphedema.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip Margie. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

May you have a good trip from one Independence to the other, Margie. Although I can't make it to the RS symposium I'll be lurking in the shadows at World Conference. Hope we somehow run into one another there.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks everyone. I am now home.