Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Bad Night

Last night I finally got Bob to bed at 9:00. Scott and I were exhausted and needed to get some sleep. I never did get a nap yesterday. There's just so much to do.

I got him to take one percocet before he went to sleep. He is now very resistant to taking his meds. He says they make him zombielike. They do...but they keep him out of pain. He awoke at midnight and was very restless. He had wet the bed and his pjs. I had put a pad on the bed though and it did not get on the bedding. After wrestling him for 15 minutes, I finally got the wet pad off the bed and into the trash. Then I wrestled his pjs off him and put some clean shorts on him. I put a new pad on the bed and got him laid back down but could not get him pulled up high in the bed. Scott was here but he was sound asleep. I should have woke him to help me but he has slept poorly for many years after his tours in Afghanistan and Iraq so I hated to disturb him.

After wrestling Bob from midnight to three o'clock, I finally made him take another percocet. After that he finally went back to sleep and so did I. So, I slept from 9:00 until midnight and from 3:00 until 6:00. He needs his pain meds. He got up at 6:00 to sit on the side of the bed and use the urinal. I'm not taking him to the bathroom anymore. He will have to use the urinal. He cannot walk without his arm around me and I am afraid he will fall and break a hip. He takes little baby steps. I mopped the bathroom floor at 3:00 this morning where he missed the stool.

Scott got up at 6:00 and helped me use the draw sheet to move him up in the bed. He is sleeping now and I have fed the dog and the cat and Scott and myself.

Ashley called again this morning. I visited with her briefly on the phone.

He used the urinal after that and we moved him into the living room recliner where he can be with us. He took two percocets at 8:00 and is sleeping soundly in the chair now. he took two more at noon.

We have had lots of food in and a gorgeous pot of flowers too. There are 21 birthday cards so far in my stack.

I went to both funeral homes about cremation when that time comes. I got prices for each one. I will use Penwell Gable. We only want direct cremation. We will have our own memorial service at the church and will not need their assistance for that.

More later:

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

My thoughts are with you, Margie! So sorry it was another bad night! You have to be exhausted. Take care, be kind to yourself, you deserve some extra care!

Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

I'll try to get some rest today, Sylvia. Thanks for your concern.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
Isn't it nice that even though we've never met...we can lean on each other in times of stress? You were there for me during my surgery and now it's my turn to help you. Please take care of yourself, so you don't get down. You need your rest too. Hope your night is calm.
Balisha