Saturday, May 1, 2010

Scott Gone

Well, Scott is gone now. He got around early this morning and loaded up his truck. I fixed breakfast for both Bob and him and had a bowl of cereal myself.

We did go to Independence yesterday and took Leslie to lunch. In fact, Scott bought lunch. Then we went to Tavern on the Plaza last night and had a nice dinner.

Bob is struggling but does not complain much. I keep telling him we will handle this thing one day at a time...then I try to follow my own advice. Melissa, our doctor, was not in her office yesterday afternoon so we didn't get the results of his test. Now it will be Monday sometime. I will post here what it is when I know.

Bob wants to go to Bartlesville to just browse around. Leslie is going to go with us. We have no extra money to spend and don't need a thing so it would just be something to distract him from his situation. So far, two Aleve, eight hours apart takes care of much of his discomfort. He is sleeping in the daybed in the den though because he sleeps better where he can get out of bed easier. He has to go to the bathroom several times a night. We will pick up Leslie at 10:00 at Tyro.

4 comments:

Stella said...

I ran across your blog when I was reading other blogs so I dropped by. I am sorry to hear your husband is ill and hope his tests bring good news. It doesn't seem to matter how old children are they still seem to act like children around their parents. I think we both live in the same general area so our gardens should be blooming about the same time. Stella

Margie's Musings said...

Hi Stella,

Thanks for dropping by.

Betty said...

When my mother was diagnosed with cancer for the third and last time, I'm sure she thought the same thing about me that you feel about Scott. The fact was, it scared me and I simply didn't know what to say. Maybe that's Scott's problem. Maybe he just doesn't want to face all the possibilities. I hope he comes around.

Margie's Musings said...

So do I, Betty. But I think he is just too self absorbed to care that much right now.