Sunday, May 2, 2010

Busy Sunday and Times Square Bomb

This will be a busy Sunday. Unless something changes, Bob wants me to take his place presiding at church. He is just not up to even going. We are fast losing participation of our elders. First John and now Bob. Carletta is also very limited in what she can do. That leaves me, Leslie, Sue and Karan...with Bill to help preach.

It is also communion Sunday at our church. I will take the bread and the wine is already there.

On the national front, some idiot tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square last night. It was an amateurish job so nothing happened. Mostly, it was propane tanks and a couple of clocks. There were ordinary firecrackers in it too. I imagine someone just saw that as a black joke. I hope they catch the joker.

The worst part were the thrill seekers who stayed there outside the crime scene tape and watched the entire proceedings. If that bomb had been an actual bomb, they would have been history. Some people simply don't have a brain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the thing about the car bomb! It has rained here for days and the flooding is getting bad. Flooding is really bad in Tennessee. My yard looks like a swimming pool. It seems to me that men get more and more needy and women get more independent all the time! I am so sorry your Bob is feeling so bad. I hope you have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy. I hope so too.