Saturday, July 24, 2010

Garage Sales

My daughter, Leslie, is coming in this morning to go garage saleing with me. She has never done this before with me. I usually go every Saturday but seldom find any real bargains anymore. But I still like to go and look. She will be in about 8:00.

I was invited to dinner with friends last night. That was good. I had a good time and a good visit with the other three. I am not crazy about Mexican food but I was not about to turn down a meal out with friends.

Sometime today I will make my potato salad for the salad luncheon to be held after church tomorrow. I like it to sit overnight in the frig. The flavor has an opportunity to go through the whole salad.

More later...

I got my potato salad finished and it's in the frig. Then I made some chocolate chip cookies. That's what I am taking to the luncheon.

I talked to my brother-in-law this afternoon. He went to see my sister. It worked out o.k. She did want to come home and asked him several times but he kept telling her he was unable to take care of her anymore. My niece will go tomorrow and I will go on early Monday afternoon. He stayed about 45 minutes and then told her he had to leave but would be back another day. She had forgotten she had been in the hospital and forgotten why he put her in Windsor.

6 comments:

Balisha said...

Have fun and show us your finds. Potato salad is a favorite of ours. I do the same with mine. We should all post our favorite recipe sometime..Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

That's right, Balisha. It would be fun to trade recipes. Thanks for dropping in.

Betty said...

I see you have the same spammer that I do. Hope you didn't get it from me.

Garage sales just aren't what they used to be. Everyone is so poor, they're still wearing their old clothes, etc.

Margie's Musings said...

No, I didn't, Betty. That spammer has been here for awhile. I just delete his spam posts.

clairz said...

So heartbreaking to have a loved one wanting to come home and to have to say no. I have seen documentaries on Alzheimer's and it is so sad how it affects so many.

Have a good Sunday, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, folks. We had a good sermon from Vivian and also a great salad luncheon.