Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wednesday

I went to Independence early today to get my haircut and done. Then I picked up Juanita to go to breakfast. We had quite a bit to catch up. It had been three weeks. After breakfast I went to the water department to put her deposit down for the shelter house at Riverside Park there. She is planning tom have her 90th birthday party there on October 8th 2011. Talk about optimism! She plans to be around in 2011. This lady has her hair done weekly, dresses well and makes up her face every day. I hope I do as well when I am 88. Her 89th birthday is October 11th of this year.

Then I came back home to Coffeyville to go see how my sister was doing. She was angry because they wanted her to take a shower and wash her hair. After they got her settled down in bed again, she got over her mad. Denise was there and had been there since 8:00. They want her to feed herself again and to learn to walk down the hall. She fed herself her breakfast. Lunch may not be as easy. We are hoping she will be able to go back to Windsor Thursday or Friday at the latest. I stayed until 11:00 and then came on home. I will go back later.

Slinky is back in the kitchen now. He was so hot when I finally got home. It's 96 degrees right now but is supposed to get to 103.

No comments: