Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Hair Day

I couldn't stand it! My hair looked terrible. It lay flat on my head and looked blah! I called Carol, my beautician in Independence, and asked her if she had any time at all this morning (she only works half day on Friday) The only time she had was 7:30 and I took it. Later I called Bob A. and asked him if he would be interested in going with me and then going to their Eggberts afterward for breakfast. He said he would so I will pick him up at 7:00 AM. I was not comfortable going alone right now.

I held an icepack on the eye off and on all afternoon and part of the morning yesterday. The eye began to swell anyhow and the tissue around it turned red. I imagine by tomorrow it will be black. But the eye does not hurt at all. It was a little scratchy last evening and I put some drops in it. In the middle of the night I remembered I had forgotten to put the ointment in it so I got up and did that. It feels fine now.

My back hurt to sleep in the recliner last night so I put three pillows on the bed and slept until 3:00 in the bed. Then my neck got stiff. Slinky got me up at 3:00 to go outside so I grabbed my two afghans and moved to the recliner. I slept just fine until 5:00, when I got up. About that time Slinky started crying for his breakfast too so my night's sleep was over I knew. After I got my makeup and clothes on, I went to the kitchen and gave him his dog food and fixed his oatmeal. What a baby he is. He is lying here beside my chair now....perfectly content. I will put him out at 7:00. This is almost the last day we are to have nice weather.

Sunday we are forecast for snow and also Monday. I knew it was coming but I was just dreading it. Until the eye is well I cannot shovel snow. I may be snowed in for Sunday and I preside for church. If Bob A. comes by (if he can get out) to pick me up we will also have the problem of the drive at church. If we get any amount of snow at all, we cannot get in and out of our drive. We are in the country so there is no city to scrape it for us. We have planned our budget business meeting for Sunday at 10:45 too. It's always something. We will just wait and see what happens.

2 comments:

clairz said...

I don't think that Slinky is a baby, he just wants to protect you right now, so he is keeping an eye on you.

Margie's Musings said...

I don't think so. He's just spoiled! :)