Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hairdo Day

Today I will go to Independence about 8:00 and get my hair done at 8:30. I hope I can get Slinky to go into the garage. I think it will be too cold for him outside. It's only 20 degrees out there now.

He did pretty well last night. Woke me up at 3:45 to go outside briefly then again at 5:00. That dog can tell time! He's sitting here beside me now. I have fed him and the cats. I had to run him off from Inky's cat food. I had to feed Inky on the patio this morning because that large Himalayan cat was hanging around his dish by the garage door...waiting.

I finished my book yesterday. It was Spong's new book about "Eternal Life...A New Vision". Verrry interesting.

I am starting the one I downloaded after the Minister's Week day in Tulsa. It is "Jesus Wars: How Four Patriarchs, Three Queens, and Two Emperors Decided What Christians Should Believe for the Last 1,000 Years". They had it in their library. I also transcribed my notes from the Brandon Scott lecture and sent them to Marilyn. She appreciated that. She said I made good notes.

It still has not snowed again. It is forecast for Monday but we will see. We have missed the last two they forecast.

I got word from Amazon this morning that Scott's latest order had shipped. It is one of the sets from PBS that I bought on Amazon. I will have to pay the bill from his account. It was $75.00 plus shipping. He will enjoy it though. He called a couple of times yesterday. He seems to be doing better. Keith called too. And Leslie called on her way to work. My kids are great about staying in touch. I really appreciate that.

No comments: