Saturday, January 29, 2011

Last Warm Day

This is supposed to be the last warm day for awhile. The past two or three days have been lovely. Slinky and I took another walk yesterday afternoon while it was nearly 60 degrees. He stayed outside until 1:30 this morning when I got up and checked the temperature and found it to be 34 degrees. I turned on the patio light and he woke up. (a sure sign he was cold) I let him in and he immediately went back to sleep on the dog bed in the utility area. He woke me at 4:00 to go out to do his duty and then let me sleep until 5:00 when he was hungry and wanted his breakfast. Now after having his breakfast and my oatmeal, he is lying here on a rug at my feet. Content...

I don't have any plans today. I may go to Bartlesville just for something to do. We are supposed to have freezing rain on Monday and snow on Tuesday but I'm not going to panic just yet. We have missed the last two forecast snows. But I am supposed to go to Wichita to the doctor on Wednesday and they are quite a a bit further north then we are. Even if we don't get the freezing rain and snow, they may get it. If we get it..or they do...I will cancel that appointment or get it changed again. I only have one old 10 year old vehicle and I cannot take a chance on someone running into it in bad weather. I cannot afford another.

I'm anxious to see if Amy thinks I am eligible for that state program that finds employment for seniors. She says my income just barely qualifies. We will see when I meet with her on Thursday morning.

On Monday I will need to make copies of the minutes from last month's ministerial alliance meeting and also the agenda. Or maybe I can do it Sunday while I'm already at church.

I received Scott's "Secretariat" video yesterday and got it mailed off to him. He should have it in a week..maybe next Friday or Saturday. That should hold him for entertainment for awhile. He still has the 500 Nations videos to finish and his other set of PBS videos, Ken Burns', "The West" has also been shipped and should be coming soon. I will ship it on when I receive it.

Tomorrow evening I have the Living the Questions dinner and discussions over at Lively's home. That should be fun.

More later...

I ended up going out to Leslie and John's and did my taxes. That's out of the way, thank goodness!

Then this afternoon, I visited Bob A. and then came home and took Slinky for a walk. He's out there now on the patio. It's still warm out but will be turning off cold later tonight. So he will need to come in at bedtime.

No comments: