Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday Again

This morning I went out to breakfast with Bob A. He wanted to buy my breakfast for taking him to the doctor yesterday so I let him. It was no problem really but he seems to think he needs to do something for me in return.

He goes to see my sister at 10:00 this morning. He missed seeing her yesterday because of the doctor's appointment. Bless his heart he is so faithful to visit her nearly every single day.

I got up about 5:30 this morning. Slinky never did bark...amazingly. He was wandering around the yard when I looked out at 6:00. I gave him his dog food and then his oatmeal. Then I went out and blew off the patio with the blower. It was covered with seeds and leaves after all that wind yesterday. I cleaned up the patio chairs and put out the hummingbird feeder. I need to get some more hummingbird nectar. My glider cover is wearing out and needing to be replaced. Bob A. has a new chaise cushion to give me for the chaise but I don't want to take it until Slinky is gone because he would just ruin it like he has ruined mine. The patio chairs were covered with cat hair from Missy and Inky. They look pretty good now.

If the roofers ever come back to do the patio roof and the swing, I will scrub the patio off and repaint it with cement paint with grit in it. I can roll it on. It needs it. I will have to stake Slinky out in the yard when that is done until the paint dries and put Missy in the house and Inky in the garage.

My first project is to spread mulch in the flowerbeds but I don't want to do that today. It's too windy. I am ready for the wind and rain to be finished but it's supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Scott called again this morning. He is pretty miserable. He is so lonely. Becky will be there Thursday for four days. At least that's the plan. She plans to come back in July and spend the month.

Bob A. and I went to Cherryvale. There was nothing going on. It's next weekend. Then we went to Independence but saw nothing all that interesting at the opening at Riverside Park. So we came back to Coffeyville and looked around at the festivities here. That was pretty interesting.

He then went home to mow and I watched Angels and Demons on TV. Now I will change my clothes and mow here.

6 comments:

clairz said...

Margie, just so you don't have to make a special trip to buy hummingbird nectar, you can use this recipe: 1 cup sugar, 4 cups water. Bring to a boil in a saucepan. Cool and store in the fridge (no red dye). I just put a little at a time into the hummingbird feeder or else it gets moldy. If that should happen, they say to clean it out with vinegar and water, never soap or detergent. Hope this saves you a trip to the store and some expense.

The recipe comes from: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/scbi/migratorybirds/webcam/hummingbird_nectar_recipe.cfm

ChuckFu said...

updated my face book with more wedding pictures

Margie's Musings said...

I went to look at them, son. You both look very happy. Congratulations!!

Balisha said...

Are you getting hummingbirds? We haven't seen any yet. Everything is late this year. Have a nice Sunday. Balisha

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, I was going to tell you about making the hummingbird nectar but see that Clairz has beat me to it. Glad you are doing well. We had 2 days of beautiful weather in the high 70s and this morning it is raining and storming again! Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

=

congrates....