Saturday, May 28, 2011

Busy Fun Saturday

This has been a busy day already. I got up at 4:30 after going to bed early. Then at 7:30 I met Bob A. for breakfast at Eggberts.

After that, about 9:30, I went out to Windsor to see Phyllis. She was about the same...not too responsive. When I got there, as soon as I entered the door, I heard crying. It was Phyllis. When I got into the family room where she was sitting and sat down beside her, she stopped crying. I tried to visit with her but she couldn't finish a coherent sentence. Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease. After a little while I went down to see Gerry. I stayed about twenty minutes each place.

Then I called Bob A. back and told him I was on my way home. He had never been to Mayfest so he agreed to go with me. We had a good time. They had a huge car show. He likes those car shows.

We both entered a contest to win $100. That would be lovely if one of us won but I'm not holding my breath.

I will be invited over to his house for dinner. His eldest daughter is there and her male friend cooks burgers and stuff when they come. They will call me when they are ready for me to come.

Meanwhile, I will do some cleaning here.

Bob A. called about 3:00 and said "Come whenever you want to. We will eat around 5:00." I was just getting ready to leave when my cousin from Houston came by with her husband. They had been decorating graves and wondered where we had put Bob. I told them we had him cremated and ashes scattered at our churches campgrounds just like he wanted. We had a nice visit. When they left I went over to Bob A's and had hamburgers with his daughter and her friends. All in all, it was a good day.

I got home about 7:30 and fed my animals. Now I will take my bath and watch some TV...if I can find anything worth watching on TV.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

You are such a faithful friend. I'm sure the family is glad that you visit so often. So many people don't visit...they don't want to think about what's down the road for them, maybe. It's a true friend who is there...even when times get bad.

Have fun this evening, Margie.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I did.