Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday AfterThe Storm

We had a heck of a storm last night with that golf ball sized hail. I hope my new roof isn't ruined. I didn't get to bed until after 12:30. And I had leaves all over the patio this morning from the trees in my backyard. Slinky's rugs were soaked. I hung them over the lawn furniture to dry this morning and put the rag rugs in the washer. They are in the dryer now.

I went out at 4:30 this morning and swept the patio and picked up all the leaves off the floor of the patio. I took my old sponge mop out there awhile ago and soaked up all the standing water. It didn't seem to hurt my framework paint job...thank goodness!

I let Slinky out of the garage where he spent a peaceful dry night and fed him his dog food and oatmeal. He seems quiet now. He was terrified last night. It's going on 7:00 now and I'm still in my duster. After I finish this I will go get dressed.

I'm hoping the rugs are dry by this afternoon. We have a Father's Day cookout planned after church at Bobby and Karan's home. I hope it doesn't rain again. There probably won't be many there because these kinds of holidays are usually for families. I will bake my beans in a little while. I picked up the hamburger patties on Wednesday and took them to Bobby and Karan's to go in their freezer.

More later...

We had a real nice service and also a good party/picnic with lots of good food. Nine came to the picnic at the Maritt's. Everyone else had a Father's Day celebration to attend. Gene had lost his sister yesterday and I didn't expect him at church but he was there. He had a Father's Day celebration to attend at Steve's.

Slinky was very hot when I got home so I let him into the kitchen. He is relaxing here now. I will get my letters done while I am keeping him company. I will stay home tonight and watch 60 minutes, I guess.

1 comment:

Balisha said...

Oh, Margie...What a problem with Slinky...I can feel your concern with his care, but it isn't good for you to be without sleep either. I have never seen golf size hail and hope I never do. How is your roof? A friend in Colorado put a metal roof on for just that reason. Not sure I'd want to hear all that racket above me on a metal roof.
Take care...Balisha