Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday the 22nd of June

Well, it's Wednesday. I wonder if I will get the roof on my patio today. I want this mess to be over. I am tired of having to take all the cushions from the furniture into the shed every time it rains here.,,,and it's rained at least twice a week ever since they took the old roof off. I also have to put Slinky in the garage when it rains. So far, it hasn't rained while I'm at work. I don't know what the poor dog would do if it did...just get soaked, I guess. I don't have a dog house for him. He probably wouldn't use it if I did. He won't use the carrier and I have tried to get him to go in there out of the weather. I finally just put it away.

Also, I wonder if I will have work to do at the office today. Yesterday they had very little for me to do and I get so bored just sitting there looking at the four walls. There isn't even a window in that office. I have read my kindle but I feel very strange reading on the job. I did buy a new kindle book yesterday. It's called "The Case for God". I started it last night and it appears to be very interesting so far.

I got part of my back yard flowerbed weeded last evening. I have a ways to go to finish it but it's at least started now. The weather is supposed to be cooler the next few days. That will be nice.

More later...

Well, I finally got hold of Vincent, the guy in charge of my roof and he said it would be Friday before the roofing would be in. That's good to know. Now if he just sticks to his word. I've had "his word": a number of times and it changes on a regular basis.

I checked in with the hospital and also went to see Phyllis. She was only "with me" about five minutes and then went back to sleep. She was sitting at the table but nodding asleep.

Then Bob A. came by and we went to the funeral of the sister of Gene D. She died this week. gene lost his wife just a couple of months ago and now he has lost another sister. Some people just can't get a break.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie...I hope that you get your roof taken care of soon. I'm sure it is so frustrating. Just when you think you have everything scheduled... Hopefully it will get done this week and you can get things back to normal. Have a good day today...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha. I hope it happens. It's supposed to rain tonight and perhaps in the morning. I can put Slinky in the garage tonight along with the cushions from the furniture and his bedding. But I work tomorrow morning and he can't stay in the garage all morning while I'm gone.

What a mess!