Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday at Last!

After I left work I picked up my brother-in-law and we went to Cherryvale to "Just Us", the great covered buffet, to have lunch. We had a good visit. I came home and finished reading the Reader's Digest. I will take it to him in the morning when we meet for breakfast. About 10:00 I will go visit Phyllis at the nursing home. She seems to be getting worse and worse. She does very little interaction anymore. Most of the time she just sits and sleeps.

Later I want to mow. My lawn looks unkept. The leaves have begun falling and I want to try to keep them mulched. Last year I bagged 13 bags of leaves and then the trash people did not want to pick them up. They said they had a limit of three bags. Raking leaves is a terrible job. I will try to just mulch them this year.

I replaced the bulb in my front porch light this afternoon too. It went out a couple of nights ago and I like to have the front lighted at night. Slinky takes care of the back. He wouldn't hurt a fly and probably wouldn't even know anyone was out back he's so half blind and deaf. But he looks intimidating.

I am watching the political situation. Rick Perry looks like another Bachmann and like he's related to that idiot who ran for McCain's vice president. He's full of silly statements that don't make a bit of sense. He's floundering. Now the new front runner, Herman Cain, is touting a nine, nine, nine tax solution. That would raise the middle class taxes by 38%. They don't have a viable candidate yet. If they can't come up with someone I can vote for, I will vote for the president again.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

It's sad to watch a loved one slip away.When she is gone, you will know that you were a faithful visitor. You have been wonderful through her last years.Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It is sad, Balisha. I can hardly watch her go.