Sunday, November 6, 2011

Busy Yesterday

Yesterday turned out to be even busier then I thought. I decided to do some Christmas shopping while I had my SER money. I am buying for only my immediate family and Jeromy Marlene, Maia and Sage and of course, Juanita. Primarily I bought for those who will be here for Christmas. I cannot afford to buy for all the others, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I will send cards to my other grandchildren who live away. I also bought for my brother-in-law. He will probably have Christmas with us. So I was in Dewey and Bartlesville all afternoon. They had a great Christmas bazaar at Dewey and I stopped and went through it before going on to Bartlesville. But I didn't buy anything there.

After leaving Bartlesville, I drove on to Independence just in time to eat dinner there. I had not eaten since breakfast with my brother-in-law. John, my son-in-law, has cooked the meat and it was delicious. There was also baked beans and macaroni salad and lots of desserts. I had warm apple pie. I sat with a couple of friends that I saw there and Cyndi and Jeff showed up too. I couldn't stay for the auction. I had been gone all day and was really tired. I took my bath and watched my favorite TV show, Harry's Law. It is the exception to the rule of nothing but trash on TV except for PBS. (in my opinion)

Anyhow, it was a huge day for me. I got everyone's gift except for Sage and Scott. I will get her's and Juanita's next payday. I usually get Juanita something she can eat or a clothing gift certificate. Now that Nanny La Rose (the Independence clothing store) is gone, I can't do that. I may get a gift certificate for her hairdo. She has her hair done every week.

This morning will be the usual. I will go to church and eat out afterward. Then come home and do my letters. Tonight I will watch Sixty Minutes. It isn't as good as it used to be but I still watch it...for awhile yet. Andy Rooney died day before yesterday. He was 92.

No comments: