Thursday, December 15, 2011

Busy Thursday

This will be a fairly busy day. I will work this morning and then go to Independence to get my hair done at 3:00. Later I will come home and make baked beans for the CMA dinner tonight at Trinity United Methodist Church.

My cold seems to have broken after two days. I am a firm believer in Coldese. The lozenges seem to work for me.

I went to PINCH last night. There were about ten there. Marilyn and Jack had a prior committment. They are planning the Martin Luther King service for January 14th. I have stepped back from too much involvment. This was Bob's organization and I just stepped into his place after he died. I really have no passion for the organization. I will probably drop out eventually. I am way too busy as it is.

I noticed this morning that the motor seems to have died on my garbage disposer. The blades broke off last year so it's nothing lost. It must be an antique.

More later...

Well, the cold is better I am sure. I still have it but it's nothing like yesterday and Monday.

I did quite a bit of work this morning then stopped by Bob's before I came home. He had baked banana nut bread and gave me half the loaf. I was tickled. Then I took off for Independence and ate lunch at Big Cheese while I read my book. I got the ingredients for my chocolate peanut clusters at Wal Mart there and stopped at their Orchelon's store and bought dog food again and then went on to the beauty shop where she washed my oily hair and made me look almost presentable. When I got home I put away the groceries and started the peanut clusters. I intend to take them to the office party tomorrow if they set up.

Both boys called me at work today. Keith had seen the obit of one of his Caney friends and Scott wanted to tell me he had broken up with his girlfriend again. I'm not holding my breath. They have broken up numerous times.

No comments: