Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O.K. It's Tuesday

Today should be very busy. Bob A. will do his stress test this morning..complete with treadmill. That will take three hours they say. He's to be there at 6:30. If they get to him at 7:00, he should be finished by 10:00. We'll see. Hospitals and doctors are notoriously slow. They think the patient has all the time in the world.

This morning I will go to the bank to get some cash, run by the doctor's office lab for my blood work, and take these dolls by Karans for delivery to Salvation Army on Thursday. If I have time I will go by the dollar store and pick up a few things and also by Brahm's for milk. He is to come by at noon and pick me up for our trip to Bartlesville. I am taking my kindle so I can read while he is in there.

I hope this all goes like clockwork. It all depends on our hospital getting him out by noon.

More later...

He got out in plenty of time. He came by here to pick me up about noon and we went ahead and went down to Bartlesville, hoping he could get in early. That didn't happen however. They were an hour late taking him in and another hour before they got to him. Evidently they were swamped trying to get everyone done before the holiday. After they were finished, the doctor came in and talked to me. he had talked to Bob before they put him under. Dr. Vasadavin does NOT believe surgery is the answer. For one thing, he does not believe the drainage is coming from his stomach. He believes it is from his sinus. He had done those surgeries himself for years and decided they were causing more problems they they solved. He stopped doing them six years ago. Now he treats the problem with drugs. There is a new drug that works well that comes out of Canada. He gave Bob a prescription for it and said he would have to order it either by telephone or on the internet. He also wants him to lose some weight and take Benadril before bed.

That will be difficult at his age. He is 77. He has a rather large stomach but is otherwise a smaller person...5 foot 7 or so.

He stayed here for an hour or so for the effects of the anesthetic to wear off but then wanted to drive on home and he did. When he got there he called to tell me he had arrived there just fine.

No comments: