Friday, December 23, 2011

Vacation Friday

I will not work today. I worked Monday so I would not lose a day of work. I'm not sure what I will do. It's very cold and if I go anywhere I will have to put Slinky in the garage. He will hate that. He woke me up every half hour after 2:00 this morning. I don't know what his problem was but if he keeps that up I will be exhausted all the time. I will probably need a nap ths afternoon.

Yesterday after work I went with Leslie to Bartlesville to buy the ingredients for her Christmas dinner on Sunday. Wal Mart did not have all those exotic ingredients she needs. She spent $120.00 and that did not include her ham. Wow! I hope it will be worth the cost.

She also bought my lunch. We stopped at Garfield's and had fish and chips. They have excellent fish and chips. They are not a bit greasy. She has all next week off. She suggests we go back to Bartlesville on Monday to see "Sherlock Holmes". The movie is on there. We may do that if she doesn't change her mind.

As we stopped for gas in Dewey, it began to snow. It snowed harder and harder as we drove home but the ground was too warm for it to stick so we got no snow. That's good because my little car probably couldn't make it out there in the snow. I had met her at Tyro so I drove home after it began to get dark. Slinky heard the car come into the garage and started barking to get in the kitchen.

I had a good time and a good visit with Leslie....some quality time that's hard to come by anymore. Her job is so demanding.

Both Keith and Scott called yesterday too. That was neat! Scott will be coming home on leave in January. He will be in the states from January 23rd until February 3rd. He will be with Becky most of that time but she will bring him to come see the family and me on Sunday for church and dinner afterward.

I may call Bob A. later and see if he would like to go to Cherryvale to Just Us for lunch today.

Updated note:

We did that and had a good lunch and visit. We will meet for breakfast tomorrow and then I will go visit Phyllis.

4 comments:

clairz said...

Merry Christmas, Margie! Just know that you are always an inspiration. Stay warm.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Clair...and the same to you!

Go to this link for a wonderful Christmas gift!

http://www.godvine.com/Simpson-College-Surprises-a-Mall-with-a-Flash-Mob-947.html

Betty said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

And the same to you, Betty! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!