Monday, December 19, 2011

A Working Monday

I will work today because we will not be working on Friday. I will bake my two cakes this afternoon or tomorrow morning and take them to Independence later in the morning tomorrow. Bob A. will help me and then we will eat lunch at Big Cheese.

This will be a big day at work. After I finish filing, I will go back to working across the hall and moving the 2000 LM files into boxes for shredding and moving all the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005 files forward on the shelves. That will take some time. Then, I will move 2006 across the hall where these older files are. Then finally, I will move 2007, 2008 and 2009 forward in the files on the office side of the office in their proper order. The last file clerk has them all out of order. It's a huge job. I am usually exhausted after all that. This will take a couple of weeks...maybe longer.

Wednesday is my hair appointment in Independence. I will go up right after work and pick up Juanita for lunch. We will go to Pizza Hut. That's near her home and my hair appointment is at 1:30. So we will only have an hour. I am taking her Christmas gift to her too.

Then I will work Thursday and be off on Friday. I will clean house on Friday. I will bake my pies on Saturday. I have kept this week fairly free until Christmas on Sunday.

If we are off on the following Friday for New Year's Day, I will work next Tuesday. I have to make up my time lost or lose the money and I need the money.

More later in the day...

After I filed for an hour and a half, I began moving files from one six shelf unit to another. I packed up all 2000 files for destruction. Then I moved each year (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005) each one shelf unit west so I can bring the 2006 files over from the office to the storage area on the other side of the courtroom. I got it all done today except for moving the 2006 files across the courthouse to the storage room. I'll do that Thursday morning...or at least begin it. I'll have to pack them into file boxes and then take them over one by one on a moving truck. That kind of exercise should be good for me at 76.

Then I will move the 2007 files to the unit that had formerly held the 2006 files, the 2008 files will be moved to the former 2007 area and the 2009 files will go into the unit where the 2008 files had been. That ought to keep me busy for awhile.

When I got home I baked my two cakes and when they cooled I iced them. I picked up Bob A. and we went out to church to set some mouse traps. Evidently when Leslie and Karan brought the Christmas decorations in from the shed, they also brought in at least one mouse. I set four traps and hope to eliminate the little fellow this week.

No comments: