Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cake Tuesday

This is the Tuesday I take the cakes to Independence and then Bob A. and I will eat at Big Cheese. They have the best mini pizza in the area.

Last night was a mixed blessing. Bob A. and I had gone to Caney to eat at the new Eggberts there. It was o.k. although we really prefer the one in Coffeyville. Their special was chicken and noodles and it was o.k. but we like the chicken fried steak mini dinner we get at our Eggberts.

But it did give me the opportunity to run by the dentist office and pick up Keith's flag. Nancy F. had called me about a month ago and told me that when Keith got home from Iraq, they took his flag down from General Wark Park where it had been flying while he was in Iraq and they had it for him at the dentist office. So I went by to get it since he and Esther will be here in April and I can give it to him. I was surprised to find they had it mounted in one of those beautiful flag frames and also had a letter of appreciation in a plastic sleeve to go with it. He will be very pleased.

So I had a filling lunch and had not intended to eat anything but yogurt for dinner.
About 5:15, though, Becky called. She had picked Scott up at the Tulsa airport. They had decided to come to Coffeyville and wanted me to eat dinner with them. I was tickled to death, of course. Scott wanted to go El Puebelo for Mexican food. He cannot get Mexican food in Germany. All they offer is European food. So, about 7:00, I met them at the restaurant and we had a good filling dinner before they had to leave to go on to Fort Scott. It was so good to see them! They will be back again before he leaves to see me and Leslie and John too. I don't know exactly when.

Anyhow, when I got home I let Slinky in and he went right to bed. I had fed him before I left and left him on the patio. But before I got home, it turned cold and he needed to come in. I went on to bed too. It was around 9:00 and I was tired. Slinky awoke about 12:30 to go out to go pee and came right back in and back to bed. I, on the other hand, could not get back to sleep. My stomach was rolling. Mexican food... Finally after about an hour, I got up and took a couple of tums. Then I was able to get back to sleep. But it was not to happen. Missy woke me up next to get out. Then she disappeared and I couldn't find her to let her out. I went back to bed. Then she came back into the bedroom and woke me again. This time I picked her up and took her out. Then just as I got back to sleep again at 4:00, Slinky woke up to go out again. I let him out and back in and went back to bed again. At 5:00, his internal clock set in and he began barking for his breakfast. After he stopped barking, I put my contacts in and got up.

So I am wiped out this morning. After it warms up about 7:15, and he goes outside, I will wash my hair and get ready for the day.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Poor you. You'll be dragging today. So happy that you got to see Scott last night. I'm sure that you were too. Hope tonight is better than last night for you and the animals.
Balisha

dogcote said...

Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......


If anyone desire to get the full information about Puppy or dogs please click on these hypertext :-- Dog Learning Style | Pet Illness | house training puppy | Basics of Dog Training | Dog Learning Style | dog psychology | Dog Insurance | Dogs Vaccinations | grooming dog