Sunday, March 11, 2012

Daylight Savings Time

I awoke at 3:30 this morning but after going to the bathroom, I went back to bed and back to sleep. Then I awoke at 6:30, which was actually 5:30, closer to my usual waking time of 5:00.

I fed Missy and fixed myself some oatmeal, juice and coffee. It rained all night and after looking outside, I could almost see the grass grow. Actually all I have green right now is weeds and my bulbs. I got my mulch on Friday but the wind has kept me from spreading it. Maybe I can get it done after work this week.

I am taking my car in to Roeder's tomorrow, to have a new headliner put in it. The headliner is beginning to come down around the back window. He didn't think trying to glue it would work out. So I will spend $165 plus tax to have a new one put in. I am trying to keep my car nice. Last fall I cleaned the upholstery and the carpet and they came out like new. I wash the car about once a week to keep it looking as good as possible considering it is a 2001 Honda Civic. I also dropped in to Gary's and had him look to see why the "needs service" light was coming on. He said the last time it was serviced they neglected to reset the light that notifies the driver that it's time for service again. He said there was no rush. He said unless I drove 500 miles a week, I didn't need to have the oil changed every 3,000 miles or even 5,000 miles. I drive about 20 miles a day to and from work and home at lunchtime and back. Then if I go to Independence once a week, that's another 30 miles there and back home. If I go to Bartlesville, that's another 90 miles round trip. But I don't go to Bartlesville every week...usually only about once a month.

I will go to church this morning and then eat out with Bob A. and Phyllis F.

Then I will come home and do my letters. I will then attend the support group at Windsor Place. Tonight my favorite TV program is on...Harry's Law. I also enjoy Frontline and American Experience and Nature. But Harry's Law is the only program I enjoy that is not on PBS. TV is for the birds anymore.

As usual, Harry's Law was extremely entertaining.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

i was going to remind you that Harry's Law was going to be on. We love the show too.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Balisha. What in the world has happened to Dogwalk Musings? I logged on to read what Mari had to say and it's an entirely new site...real complicated.