Friday, March 16, 2012

Dr.s Appointment and More

I have today off. I have a doctor's appointment in Bartlesville after my hair appointment today. I called Bob A. last night and he is going to go with me. We may eat at Dink's again today.

I saw a news story last week about the presence of what they called "pink slime" in 70% of our ground meat. It's made up of muscle and connecting tissue. Then it is treated with ammonia to prevent e-coli from forming. This is the ground beef we find at most of our markets. I may never eat ground beef again unless it is my daughter's beef.

The more I learn about our food supply, the more concerned I am about our health. Here in America, the FDA deputy commissioner for food was once a vice president at Monsanto. How objective do you think he will be?

Europe and England have banned GM foods but the only way we can avoid them is by buying organic or growing our own.

Afternoon...

We went to the doctor in Bartlesville this morning and he froze another place on my nose. I noticed it had been peeling.

Afterward we walked the mall and then walked all over Lowe's. Then we went to McAlister's for lunch. It was a wrap and a side with tea and was pretty good. I brought part of it home for supper this evening. We had a good visit.

Phyllis F. called last night to say she got two days off in April to go with Bob and me to Branson to Silver Dollar City. We are so pleased. She too is alone so the three of us will have a good time. She went to Joplin with us a few weeks ago.

This afternoon I mowed the front yard and the side yards and cleaned up my patio furniture. Now I just need to clean the cushions. Missy and the neighbor cats will be sleeping n them so how long they'll stay clean is anyone's guess. I still need to trim but maybe I can get that and the cushion cleaning done tomorrow.

And I still need to rake some leaves up. So much to do and so little time to do everything. Oh how I wish they would cut my hours to 20 a week.

No comments: