Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Again




The images above are my trash bags after eight hours of raking and bagging leaves and small limbs. My peony bed just beginning to show a little growth, and my front yard all finished. The back isn't completely finished yet so I haven't a photo of it except for the peony bed.

I had a plan for today. This morning I met Bob at Eggberts for breakfast. I had laundry to do while I waited. Then at 9:30 I went out to Windsor see my sister.

When I got home from that, I raked some piles of leaves. I also would like to have gotten my patio furniture cushions cleaned. But I didn't have enough day left. I have some great stuff I used on the car cushions. They came out like new.

Yesterday when I mowed my front yard I noticed I seemed to have lost power in my mower. Leslie said she would ask John to come take a look at it when he has time. I hope my motor is not going out on that Dixon riding mower. I would be lost without it. I sometimes mow twice a week in the summertime. I believe we paid $1300 for it used in 2003. Lord only knows what another one would cost me.

I'd got that laundry going and fed Missy Kitty.

I went for breakfast with my brother-in-law and then took a book to the post office to mail. I had sold another book on Amazon. I am trying to sell most of my hard and soft bound books since I am now buying my books for kindle.

When I got home from seeing my sister, I started in on the yard. I trimmed both front and back and then began raking again. I got the west side mostly done but still have to finish, do the east side and the front as well as the rest of the back. I had the entire west side finished late last fall and most of the back and then my neighbor's tree dropped it's leaves late and I would have had to start all over again. I just waited until spring and I started again today.

I came in for lunch and to check my e-mail but after I rested awhile, I went back out.

Well, it's 4:00 now and I am really tired. I got most of rhe leaves cleaned out in the front, east and west side of the house. Now if I can just find a time to clean up the rest of the back yard.... It won't be today.

Well, I was wrong. The wind is coming up and it looks like it may rain. I went back out for about an hour and got about half the back yard done before exhaustion set it. This wind may blow the remaining leaves around and I'll have to re-rake them at a later time...after they dry out again. I now have twelve bags ready for the trash man. I'll have to put them out three at a time. It will take several weeks for me to get them all picked up again.

I hope my neighbor's leaves don't blow into my yard now.

Wow!

3 comments:

Elaine in Florida said...

Margie, I have some upholstery in dire need of a good cleaning! Could I please have the name of the product you used on your car fabric?

Thanks!

Margie's Musings said...

Sure...it was Scotchguard Auto Fabric and Carpet Cleaner. My car upholstery and carpet looks like new.

Good luck!

Elaine in Florida said...

Thanks...I'll purchase some and give it a try.