Friday, May 18, 2012

My Week Day Off

This morning I got up early as usual and did some work in the yard. Then I went out to Wal Mart and bought a few groceries for the coming week. My eldest son and his wife will be here Thursday and stay until the day after the Memorial Day.

I will make some chili and have a roast to put on too. Maybe we will have the chili on Thursday evening and the roast Friday. The rest of the weekend is up for grabs, They may go to Caney for the Alumni Banquet on Saturday. I will go to Mayfest. We usually go out to eat after church on Sunday. And I think Leslie is going to have a cookout on Monday.

They will leave on Tuesday sometime...probably early. I will meet Esther, Keith's wife, for the first time. Luckily I will have Thursday, Friday and Monday off work.

Next week, I am to start working 35 hours a week. I don't know how that will work out. It's all I can do to keep everything up here at home now working only 28 hours a week. If I do it, I will work seven hours a day five days a week.

I cherish my Friday's off now. This morning I worked in the yard awhile, went to Wal Mart for groceries, went out to see Phyllis and went out to church to clean. Bob came out and sprayed everything outside with bug killer and then we went to a small restaurant in Dearing for lunch of cornbread and beans. It was very good. He has gone home to nap and I am in here doing this blog. This evening he will finish his mowing. We will meet in the morning for a light breakfast before leaving for the Cherry Blossom Festival in Cherryvale.

I have been sitting out in my backyard on my swing reading my kindle. I was on the patio for awhile and a small wren kept scolding me. I wondered why until I saw her go into a small birdhouse hanging on my patio. She's a brave little creature. Missy would make short work of her by jumping up on the table between the folding chairs and grabbing her.

This is the swing I moved to to placate her. If you look carefully to the right side of the patio, you can see the little wren house.
These are my hanging baskets and clematis.
The yard looks pretty. Some of the clematis is still blooming and the tiger lilies are in bloom. My hanging baskets look pretty good too. The weeping willow just gets larger and larger. It's hard to believe we brought that tree home in the back of a Ford Ranger pickup.
These are the lilies out beside the shed.
And these are the ones in what I call my bulb bed.

3 comments:

marlu said...

Your yard is lovely! I found that when I worked more hours, I didn't have to vacuum as often as I used to :)

marlu

Balisha said...

I think that your backyard looks so restful. Beautiful lilies and that clematis is lovely. Have fun with your family.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

My cat, Missy, keeps me vacuuming, Marlu. She sheds something terrible.

Thanks, Balisha. I hope to do that.