Friday, June 1, 2012

My Weekday Off

I am really looking forward to the day. Work this week has been tedious at best. I have a hair appointment at 7:00 AM and then will come home and go see my sister at Windsor Place at 9:30. Later about 11:30, I will pick up my brother-in-law and we will drive over to Cherryvale to have lunch at the Just Us buffet there.

I slept fairly well last night. I woke at 3:30 and took my meds. Then I got back to sleep restlessly from then on. Finally at 5:00, my usual time, I got up and got ready for the day.

I should do some work this afternoon but I treasure my day off. I may go to Bartlesville. It's been awhile since I've been there.

I am running the dishwasher right now. Once a week I do that and I watch the drain carefully. It used to leak a little when the dishwasher emptied but the last two times it didn't do that. I am hoping the gasket seal finally sealed. But if it didn't, I have a couple of small Tupperware bowls under it.

I watched the news last night and saw that the jury finally acquitted John Edwards. I never thought he should have been indicted anyhow. What he did was immoral but certainly not illegal. I think the entire trial was a political farce. He has disgraced himself and his party and the party is putting as much space between them and him as possible. I can't believe I once considered him a possibility for president. He is obviously an egomaniac. Following the trial, he made a long statement admitting his immorality. The classy thing to do would have been to say very little. But he obviously isn't classy.

I had some sad news this afternoon. I learned from my brother-in-law that my cousin's husband died at noon today. He was married to my cousin for over fifty five years and was a wonderful man. I quickly went to the market and picked up chicken and made my chicken and rice casserole. That will warm up well when she is able to eat something. I just took it over. Luckily she had three friends and her daughter there with her. I didn't stay long...just long enough to hug her and commiserate with her over her loss. I always remember how wonderful it was that my friends brought in food when Bob died. I never cooked a meal that week.

No comments: