Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's Sunday!

Yes, I know I missed posting yesterday. Leslie and I were in Independence, Missouri, attending that Health and Spirituality Workshop. I enjoyed the time with my daughter but only really enjoyed two of the four workshops. It was something I won't attend again. It was mostly about what's going on in Jackson County Missouri. Not a lot of it (only the two I enjoyed) related to anything we could use in our area.

Anyhow, I'm back now. I will have Church School and Church today and then some of us will go to eat dinner out. I'll then come home to write my newsletters. Tonight I have Living the Questions group at Jack and Marilyn's home. Marilyn called me yesterday and left a message on my machine. I called her back when I got in. She wanted me to send out the reminder e-mail about the meeting tonight. I did that last night. I will pick up Gary this evening for that.

It's finally raining. It began on the way home last evening. I believe it's rained all night. We certainly needed it! I went out to get my newspaper and it was still raining. I fed both cats, Missy and Inky, and came back in the kitchen to finish this and drink my coffee. I wish I could go out on the patio and enjoy the rain but it's too damp out there.

I noticed on the way home last evening that my older son, who posts here as chuck fu, had tried to call me while I had my phone on vibrate yesterday afternoon. If he had read this blog, he would have known where I was. :)

More later....

Well, I had another set back this afternoon. I went out to start my car and it was deader then a doornail. A friend came to give me a jump but it wouldn't jump and appeared to have plenty of charge. So it's something more serious. I had it towed to my mechanic. I called and left a message on his machine. I will call him again in the morning. It's always something. It's a good thing I didn't take my car to Independence, Missouri this weekend.

Bob A. will pick me up for the Living the Questions class tonight.

He will also take me to work after dinner tomorrow morning and pick me up afterward.

Thank God for friends.

No comments: