Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy Sunday

Today will be busy. I am presiding at our communion service. I did find another person to bring the sermon. We will have three missing today. Our pianist had an emergency, Bill has to work, as does Johnna. So we will be a smaller congregation. When you are as small as we are to begin with, every person counts. But that can't be helped.

I will work afternoons until Thursday and then I will ask my supervisor if she minds me working in the morning on Thursday. Bob and I want to go to Branson on Thursday. We had intended to take in a special show we wanted to see but his only Thursday show is in the morning at 10:00. So I'm not sure what we will do Thursday afternoon when we get there but there are lots of good shows and we will pick one. If the weather is nice enough, we may go out to Silver Dollar City. It should be decorated for Christmas now.

We will come back Friday afternoon late. We will probably go out to Branson Landing and get some more Christmas shopping done. I bought one more gift at Joplin yesterday It was for my eldest grandson. I have his family covered now. I have my son-in-law yet to find a gift for.

When I put up my little tree on the first of December, I will wrap everything and put the gifts under the tree.

But first Thanksgiving: I will take two pies and a Waldorf salad to the dinner. Leslie will take care of the rest.

More later...

2 comments:

Balisha said...

How big is your congregation?
I would imagine that you make delicious pies and waldorf salad is one of my favorites.Have a great day.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

We are about 30 at best. Usually, because they seldom all come at the same time, we have less then 20.