Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday Again

Last night Bob and I watched my new DVD, "Forever Young". It's an old one but it was entertaining. Afterward he went home and I took my bath and went to bed. Again, I was exhausted. I worked my four hours of filing and then scanning. Again I still have a full box of scanning. That keeps me very busy and that's good. It's just that so much sitting makes me stiff.

I went to the PINCH meeting last night. It was my first evening of being president. The committee did a good job of planning the Martin Luther King service for January 19th. I am to read the scripture for the service. It is Ephesians 4: 1 - 6.

Luckily I have no meeting this evening. I am very tired of meetings. Tomorrow the Worship Committee will take down the Christmas decorations at church. That will be a big job for a small group. We want to be finished by noon and then clean the church a bit. Cyndi is supposed to clean it thoroughly and she may get it done on Saturday.

I don't know if there is a plan for Saturday. I haven't anything planned. I went over my budget this morning and printed it off for my checkbook. It's good I have my job. I almost break even each month. I have spent over $1,000 since November. Between my house taxes and insurance and car insurance, my savings are fast disappearing. That's why I have the house on the market. My taxes on my home just keep going up. I have protested them for three years and managed to get them lowered a bit...but not enough.

If the refinery manages to get their real estate taxes declared personal property, our property taxes will go up over 40%. That would pretty much eliminate my savings.

I am hoping to get the house sold before March 1st when that decision will be made. Kansas favors big business so I won't be surprised if that happens. Our governor has already eliminated the food sales tax refund for low income families. He is a rich man and hasn't a clue about the way low income and seniors struggle.

I called about an empty duplex in Independence yesterday. The renter wants $850. rent per month and also that much deposit. It's lovely of course, but way too lovely for my budget.

No comments: