Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Freezing Rain Thursday

I awoke about 4:00 AM to the sound of rain. It's freezing because the temperature is under freezing. It's supposed to snow on top of that. That'll be a mess! Thank goodness I don't have to go to work anymore. I can hole up in the house and stay warm and dry. Also, I don't have to worry about my car.

Yesterday I drove to Independence 15 miles north to return the blinds that were the wrong size. When I got there, I found the Penney's catalog store had gone out of business. So, I turned around and drove to Bartlesville 40 miles south to return them. About a third of the way there, it began to snow slushy snow. I continued because I was soon past the point of no return. I got them returned and immediately turned around and drove home.

It was messy and I got my garage messy with it after I put the car away. One or two of my packed cardboard boxes out there are wet on the bottoms. I don't know at this point what is is them and I'm not going to brave the cold garage to find out. I did move the car out and try to sweep some of the ice and water out of the garage. I saw Inky out there in the wet and cold and invited him into the garage to eat and curl up on the swing cushion back by the hot water tank. He is still in there. There is a litter box in there so he will have a place to go.

Leslie went home from the hospital yesterday morning. She has been named their poster woman. She has done remarkably well. She has taken almost no pain medication and has not needed any. She gets up by herself and puts her brace on and sits in a chair or walks down the hall. She is amazing!

I still have my cellulitis. It is much better but still with me. I still have five antibiotics left. I just put makeup over it to try to cover it.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

good news about Leslie and your continuing to improve.
It must be nice to be able to stay home on a snowy day. Have a good day today.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for your support, Balisha. It is nice not to be working today.

marlu said...

I am so glad your daughter is doing well. Take care if you have to get outside. My husband fell yesterday at the mailbox.

Margie's Musings said...

That's too bad, marlu. Was he hurt?