Saturday, March 2, 2013

Another Bad Night

I awoke at 3:30 this morning and just lay there until 4:00, realizing I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep so I got up. I have a lot to do and cannot just lay around anymore. I did get a short nap yesterday afternoon late and Bob came to watch the news with me but he too was tired and went home early so I took my bath and went to bed at 8:00. At 9:30, the phone rang. It was my youngest son in Hawaii. He had a question for me but I had been sleeping so soundly I almost didn't wake up enough to answer the phone. I eventually did get back to sleep after that but it was after 10:00 some time.

Today I will meet Bob for breakfast at Eggberts. Afterward we will decide if we want to take a day and go to Joplin. He is looking for window treatments for his new house. It is just four rooms and a bath and is located across the street from my apartment. It's an old house that our common landlord had moved in there. It will take some fixing up. I still think he's made a mistake in renting a house when his house is paid for. But it's his business and I sure don't want anyone telling me how to run my life.

If we don't go to Joplin today, I will continue packing and taking stuff over to the apartment. I am taking down pictures and decorative accessories now and have the living room mostly finished. Then I will load up the coats in my coat closet and take them to the coat closet at the apartment before I move on to the next room. I still have the sixteen boxes of books piled in the dining room. I should take one or two every time I go over there. I still have the garage and shed to finish cleaning out. It's supposed to be warmer this week so perhaps I can get that done.

I have the sermon on the 10th and I need to get that ready. That's a priority too.

More later...as I have time.

No comments: