Friday, March 1, 2013

Sleepless Friday

I went to bed at 9:00 last night after having had a nearly sleepless night Wednesday night. I couldn't stay awake to watch TV. Then I awoke at 1:00 and lay there sleepless thinking about all I have to do before moving on the 19th. I finally went back to sleep sometime after 3:30 and slept until 5:30. I am probably going to be pretty tired today. I hope to get a nap sometime this afternoon. First I work from 9:00 until 11:00 at the library book sale and then I meet John and Leslie for lunch. After that, I probably need to take some boxes over to the apartment. I also have another two switch plates to change out. They came in yesterday's mail.

My granddaughter Ashley called again yesterday. I really enjoy hearing from her. She lives in Savannah. Shortly after she called, my niece and her husband came to visit. We visited the rest of the afternoon. Bob was here. He had come in for lunch. I had a salad with Leslie earlier. It was her first outing since she went home from the hospital. She went with me to get my hair done after our lunch. I had fixed sloppy joes for Bob and me earlier in the day so I just toasted the buns and warmed up the mixture and made some french fries. We had one small can of Coke so we split that. I also had some pudding and his cookies that he had brought me and that was our dessert.

I talked to my son Scott yesterday too. I always like to hear from him. I am concerned about his well being. He is so lonely. Keith also called but he was at work and a customer came in and he couldn't finish our conversation. But he had touched base and that's the important thing to me. I have wonderful kids. Its a wonder that that all are so attentive to me. I was pretty hard on them and demanding of them when they were children.

I pulled a lot of "stuff" out of the shed yesterday and set it out on the curb to be picked up by Waste Management today. I have some tools that I need to take to the church sheds. I have a sledge hammer, snow shovel, a rake, a shovel and some other stuff like that. I hate to throw it all away. Someone may need it and if so, they can take it from the shed.

Perhaps more later....if I find the time. :)

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Oh my goodness, Margie....I'll bet you will be glad when this move is over. So much work for you right now, no wonder you are having trouble sleeping. Sometimes we just can't shut off our minds at night. Your posts make me think that I should tackle the bins downstairs. I have so many Christmas decorations, when I only use about 1 bin full. What do you do with things like that? Well, here I am asking you when you have so much going on. Take care today, Balisha

marlu said...

Somebody told me that if there was something I didn't want, just put it out on the curb and someone will take it off your hands.
Even without a sign saying "Free."
I've never tried it though.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true if you live on a busy enough street, marlu, but my street is just two blocks long and hasn't much traffic.

We do have an extra trash pick up on Fridays though and my regular one is on Monday so I have just been throwing out "stuff" by putting it out by the curb for Waste Management to pick up.