Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday At Last

This is closing day....at last! I was pretty upset last night when I received the statement. The $1750 half of the closing costs was listed on my side of the statement. I talked to my realtor and went to her office and she explained to me that the price I sold the house for was $1750 more then I had originally asked for it and that covered the closing costs too. I just didn't like it that the buyers cost showed up on my half of the statement. After she explained it to me, I understood though. I still think it's insulting for the buyer to expect the seller to pay any of their closing costs. I have bought and sold 11 houses in my lifetime and I have always paid my own closing costs. Buyers are pretty spoiled today.

I will go to exercise class this morning and then at 11:00, I will go to the closing.

I have unwrapped my blind and it's going to fit perfectly. My daughter says we will hang it before we leave town on Friday morning.

More later....

The closing is over. I have gone to the bank to deposit my equity and change the address on my accounts there. I have cancelled my homeowners policy and bought a renters insurance policy.

Bob and I went over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for lunch. He was exhausted after his morning of cleaning out his garage. He intended to take a nap this afternoon.

No comments: