Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Somewhat Better Night

I discovered night before last that if I laid my arms on a couple of foam pillows I could sleep. So I took a small pillow off the daybed and used it on the other arm. I had the little Mercy Hospital pillow for the left arm. I slept pretty well until 4:00 AM when I woke up with my right upper back and right arm hurting. I got up and took a couple of extra strength Tylenol and went back to sleep for awhile. It thundered and stormed all night but I managed to sleep through most of it because I was so tired. I'll be glad when Monday afternoon comes and I can see the doctor and see if my MRI showed anything that can be treated.

I attended the PINCH meeting last evening before the storm began. The Juneteenth Celebration is shaping up although I don't think it's going to be as large as we had hoped. Marilyn, the committee chair, didn't show up so Paul and I pretty much ran the meeting. Her husband is very fragile and she has a hard time getting away.

I have nothing on the calendar for today...thank goodness. Tomorrow I work 9:00 until 11:00 at the library book sale. I hope it isn't storming by then. Bob has a doctor's appointment in Bartlesville and when he gets back, we will go to Cherryvale to eat at "Just Us". Today we will have yesterday's leftovers. I will either have to get some more steak bread or use biscuits. Bob will need to get a salad. When Karan started their dinner last night, she remembered she was to have brought the salad for yesterday's meal. No big deal.

Missy did not sleep with me last night for the first time in a year. The storm really bothered her and she slept in the recliner or under the sofa. I found her under the sofa when the thunder started. She seems to be feeling better now since her trip to the vet. I hope the abscess clears up all right.

More later...

We had another big storm this afternoon with hail again. The damage was worse at the church. Now the ceiling in the office is wet too. We had pea size hail.

No comments: