Monday, June 17, 2013

Good Night's Sleep

I had a very good night's sleep last night. I went to bed late because a group of us went to Bobby and Karan's to see Gretchen before she heads back to Alabama today. I had a good time but I talked too much about my aching arms.

I'm going to stop even mentioning them to my friends. Many of them are in a lot worse shape....especially Marilyn and Jack. I am so glad they have Pappy with them right now. He is young and is able to help Jack get around. Pappy is a man from the Congo that they have helped to get an education in America. He has his master's degree now and would like to get his doctorate but he must meet with immigration in Houston the last of July to try to get his VISA extended. He cannot go back to Congo yet where he would like to be, because of war there. Planes don't even land there any more. He is quite a young man. He will take a bus to Houston to meet with immigration.

Today after exercise class, I must clean house. I haven't vacuumed in two weeks and haven't felt up to it. Now I absolutely must! Other then that...and fixing lunch...I have nothing on my agenda today.

More later....

I didn't have to fix lunch after all. Bob and I went out to El Pueblo for lunch. Afterward we went out to Wal Mart to get a few groceries and mixes for our cakes. Cyndi gave me $20. to buy cake mixes and frostings with because she works in Tulsa and can't participate.

I got the vacuuming done and will dust and wipe up the kitchen and bathroom floors tomorrow afternoon. I have my two cakes in the oven now and after they're baked and cooled, I will ice them this evening and load them into my trunk in the morning.

No comments: