Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Chilly Wednesday

I never thought I would ever be able to say this about August in Kansas but it's actually chilly this morning. What strange weather. It's supposed to get "up" in the 80's today. Later this morning Bob and I will go to exercise class.

If you're wondering, yes, I did resign from the library board last night. They were surprised but didn't really seem to care at lot...which is fine with me. They will find someone else to take the position.

My arms have been hurting some lately again but not bad enough to try another doctor or test. I've given them the best shot at diagnosing it. None of them can so I will just put up with it.

I forgot to pick up my thyroid med yesterday. I will get it later this morning. I still have four or five. I just renew it before I run completely out.

I had some more laptop computer problems this morning but I think I have them fixed now. I ran Glary Utilities and that usually does it. Then I rebooted a couple of times. It's running alright now. I dread having to buy another laptop and I really don't have to since I have the desktop in the den but I really prefer my laptop.

I think we will have tuna a la king for dinner/lunch today. That's easy and I love easy dinners. Here's the recipe.

1/2 cup sliced celery

2 T chopped onion

1 T oleo or margarine

1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup

1/2 C. milk

1 can (7 1/2 ounces) tuna drained and flaked

2 T chopped pimiento

chopped parsley

4 biscuits ( I buy the small cans that make six)

In saucepan, cook celery and onion in butter until tender. Blend in soup, gradually stir in milk. Add tuna and pimiento. Heat; stir now and then. Garnish with parsley. Serve over biscuits or toast. 4 servings.

Sometimes, if I have some leftover frozen peas, I will toss them in too.

Serve with a small side salad.

More later....

No comments: