Friday, August 2, 2013

Rainy Friday

It rained again this morning. Luckily the Bishop's got our lawns mowed first yesterday and Bob got my trimming done before the rains began. It's supposed to rain again tonight. We will see. I am supposed to go out to the church this evening for the Fun Night. We hope to have some children attend.

I got my hair dome this morning for the weekend. Afterward Bob and I went to exercise class. Then we went to Utopia for coffee and a blueberry scone. Then we came back home. I left him at his driveway out of the rain. I then came back home and began my casserole dish. It was a chicken casserole and also contained those leftover potatoes from Tuesday. I had broccoli and applesauce and cottage cheese with it and frozen fruit for dessert. It was all good and I have enough left for lunch tomorrow. I also have a few of Leslie and John's fresh tomatoes for the cottage cheese Bob brought today. We are leery of buying packaged salad since there is a recall out for those. They are making people sick in our area.

More later...

I went out to church this evening and ten children came to Fun Night. Cyndi brought five of them. They were her neighbor children. Leeann brought hers and a neighbor child. There was face painting, bead work and stenciling and a movie later in the evening. The group served hot dogs, chips and lemonade for supper. And each child received a back pack with school supplies at the end of the evening. They all seemed to have a good time. I even got my face painted. Later, I will post photos of the face painting. Leslie took the photos and she will have to e-mail them to me. I forgot my camera. I got home a little after 9:00 after we cleaned up. I took my bath and went to bed a little after 9:30. I was really tired.

They hope to make Fun Night an annual affair.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

I'm so leery of salad greens and fish. Joe and I feel like detectives, when we go shopping. We are reading more labels now. So much comes from foreign countries, especially China, and we just don't inspect things like we should when they come into our country.
Sounds like you are getting a lot of rain. We are expecting some later today. So different than last year.
Have a nice weekend...Balisha

ChuckFu said...

Thanks for the Cards mom they will be put to good use after I pass the PT test this Saturday or Sunday

Margie's Musings said...

Good, Keith! I am glad you can use them.

Thanks, Balisha! We certainly are getting an unusual summer.